The following is a list of positions currently open with the Town of Denton. To apply for a position download, complete, and submit the Town of Denton Application for Employment. Unless otherwise instructed in the job posting, applications may be mailed, emailed, or delivered to Town Hall. Our location and contact information is provided on the Contact Us page.
This is an entry level law enforcement position. Duties include: answering calls for service: enforcement of laws and ordinances; preventive patrol; preliminary and follow-up investigations, and other duties as may be needed.
- Must be a high school graduate or must have earned a GED certificate.
- Must not have committed or been convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor.
- Excellent physical condition and health certified through a physical examination.
- Must be a United States citizen. Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must pass a psychological evaluation/examination provided by the agency.
- Must pass a drug screening test.
- Applicants must have completed BLET and be eligible to obtain certification as a LEO from North Carolina Training and Standards.
- Willing to work rotating shifts.
- Must be able to obtain a valid North Carolina driver's license.
All applicants should fill out a Town Application available at the Denton Town Hall located at 201 W. Salisbury Street, Denton. NC 27239. Mail applications to Denton Police Department, P.O. Box l099, Denton, NC 27239.
Please contact Chief Mark Hicks if you have any questions about our employment process.
This is an volunteer firefighter position. Duties include: maintaining and cleaning equipment and the station house, suppressing fires, administering first aid, driving emergency vehicles, and other duties as may be needed.
- No experience required. Training provided.
Contact Chief Dorsett for more information.
A part-time Clerk Assistant to be able to perform clerical duties like taking payments, daily balancing and preparing deposits, and generally assisting the public. Must be able to work a flexible schedule of less than 20 hours per week.
Town applications available on Town website or from Town Clerk at Denton Town Hall, 201 W. Salisbury Street., Denton, NC.
- Successful candidate will possess good customer service & communication skills plus retail or finance experience.